There is nothing that can beat a gorgeous smile since it helps enhance your overall personality, boosting your confidence. Teeth play a crucial role in imparting a radiant smile. However, there could be instances when your discolored teeth can be a reason for your embarrassment and social withdrawal.
Teeth whitening Beaumont specialists offer in-office and at-home systems that can whiten your teeth and beautify your smile. Read on to explore teeth whitening and how effective are at-home whitening systems suggested by your dentist.
What is teeth whitening? How does it work?
Teeth whitening is a safe, painless, non-invasive cosmetic treatment in dentistry that helps lighten the color of your natural teeth. It is a simple and effective way of transforming your smile into more aesthetically appealing to enhance your overall appearance.
Teeth whitening systems consist of an active ingredient known as hydrogen peroxide. This when targeted by ultraviolet (UV) light gets activated and breaks down into tiny oxygen bubbles that are responsible to remove the stubborn stains on your teeth surfaces.
Currently, Opalescence Boost is a trusted at-home teeth whitening system with custom-made trays.
What kind of stains can be removed by teeth whitening procedure?
Opalescence Boost teeth whitening system effectively minimizes or eliminates stains affecting your enamel.
This at-home teeth whitening system can remove stains that develop due to:
- Natural physiological aging process
- Certain medications like tetracycline
- Tobacco use
- Poor oral hygiene
- Pigmented foods (berries) and drinks (tea, coffee, and wine)
However it is important to remember, that teeth whitening is applicable only for stains confined to the enamel. Dentin stains require other treatments like veneers since they do not respond to chemical whitening.
How can you use an at-home teeth whitening system?
At-home teeth whitening systems involve the following steps:
- Your dentist will evaluate your teeth stains and its severity.
- A full mouth impression will be recorded and sent to the laboratory to fabricate the trays.
- The fabricated trays will be placed inside your mouth to check for the fit.
- You will be given instructions about the use of the trays.
- You will be advised to use the trays twice a day for 30 minutes each.
- If the stains on your teeth are stubborn, you are likely to be recommended to use the trays overnight.
Conclusion- Is teeth whitening safe?
As long as you stick to dentist-approved methods, teeth whitening is considered absolutely safe. Make sure to use a method that fits your individual needs and always follow your dentist’s instructions.