How could you feel if you do not control when to go to the toilet? Regardless of the surprise, the truth is that there are people with urinary and fecal incontinence. These people suffer from self-esteem issues since they involuntarily leak their urine or the bowel anywhere. This makes them look for the measures to correct the condition. The incontinence Wildwood has increased the number of people seeking medical treatment in the region. The following is the crucial information to understand regarding urinary and fecal incontinence.
Symptoms of Fecal Incontinence
In most instances, it is usually followed by bowel challenges such as;
- Gas and bloating
When to see a doctor for fecal incontinence
Most people are reluctant to admit that they are suffering from fecal incontinence due to fear of victimization. However, you should know that there are available treatments, and the sooner you seek the treatment, you will find relief, and the process will be easier to prevent the condition from worsening. It is important to seek medical attention if you experience a frequent or severe inconsistency.
Prevention of Fecal Incontinence
According to the cause, these measures could help improve or prevent the condition.
- Avoid straining. If you frequently strain when moving the bowel, there is a high risk that you will weaken the anal sphincter muscles or damage these nerves, triggering the condition.
- Manage diarrhea. If you suffer from diarrhea, you should take immediate measures to control the condition.
- Minimize constipation. You can reduce it by eating more fibers, increasing exercise, and increasing the volume of fluids.
How to Prevent Urinary Incontinence
The following measures can reduce the risk of developing the condition;
- Engaging in exercises
- Avoid smoking
- Seek treatment for bladder infections and UTIs
- Manage your weight
- Have a balanced diet
Symptoms of Urinary Incontinence
The following are the common symptoms associated with the condition
- Urge Incontinence. This is when an individual feels a sudden urge to urinate, and sometimes the urine leaks.
- Overflow Incontinence. This is where the urine dribbles out, and you cannot fully empty your bladder.
- Distress Incontinence. In this instance, the urine leaks due to a sneeze, laugh, or cough.
- Functional Incontinence. In this instance, the urine leaks due to a disease such as arthritis which delays you from reaching the bathroom in time.
Risk Factors of Urinary and fecal Incontinence
The following are the factors that could increase the risk of suffering from these conditions;
- Age. Even though the conditions can occur at any age, the risk increases as the person ages.
- Gender. The risk of incontinence is higher in women than in men. The main reason is that women are at a higher risk of complications during birth.
- Physical disability. If you are physically disabled, reaching the toilet in time could be hard, causing incontinence. Besides, some injuries can damage the bladder and rectal nerve, accelerating the condition.
Most people suffering from incontinence choose to suffer in silence. Are you a woman who has been suffering from urinary, fecal incontinence, or both? You should now relax since a female incontinence specialist is here to serve you? The facility has vast options that the patients can choose from. Book the appointment today and reclaim your self-esteem.
Leave a Reply