How often do you smile? Smiling is one of the things that people do unconsciously. They may therefore ignore how valuable their teeth are. However, after a person misses teeth, they may fail to smile regularly since it can affect their confidence. Over the years, causes such as gum disease, tooth decay, or injury have caused people to miss their teeth. After losing their teeth, people usually look for measures to fill the gap that has been left. Whitehall dental bridges are the best solution if you have a missing tooth. This is critical information for anyone who has missing teeth.
Who should have the procedure
You are the candidate for a dental bridge if;
- If you miss one or more teeth
- If you are suffering from severe dental conditions
- If you want to strengthen the bone structure.
- If you have bite problems.
- If you experience pain in the teeth and jaw due to excess stress on the teeth.
- If you want to improve the nature of your smile
Types of Dental Bridges
There are mainly four types of bridges.They include:
This is the most common procedure. It is where the specialist connects two or more crowns with a filler tooth. It is the crowns that keep the bridge in position. In most instances, the traditional bridges are created from ceramics, porcelain fused with metal or metal.
In this process, the implant of every missing tooth is embedded in it using one procedure. The bridge has pontics over them which are placed later in the procedure.
This occurs when only one side of the gap has a natural tooth. In this instance, the Pontic(s) are anchored using a single crown on the natural tooth.
Maryland dental bridge
It is also known as the resin-bonded bridge. This process is used to replace the front teeth. Rather than the crown, the specialist uses metal or porcelain frameworks with “wings” bided at the back of the individual’s teeth. They can be bonded on either side of the gap.
Self-care after the procedure
Since the dental bridge is attached to the other teeth, its success depends on the remaining teeth’ strength. These are the measures you can employ to boost its success.
- Eat a Balanced Diet. When eating a balanced diet, you should eat more fruits and vegetables. However, you should reduce the amount of chewy and fibrous foods, such as meat.
- Have regular dental checkups. This would help to identify the condition early before it worsens.
- Floss daily and brush at least twice a day. You should ask the specialist about the right way to floss and brush.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
These are the benefits that an individual would enjoy by having dental bridges.
- It restores the individual’s natural state in the mouth
- It restores the person’s ability to chew efficiently
- It helps the person to speak normally
- It helps the person maintain a natural face structure since it prevents bone loss where the person has missed a tooth
- It prevents other complications that the space can cause
The missing gap can interfere with an individual’s confidence and cause other infections. Have you been looking for a facility to fix your teeth gap? You should not look further because Advanced & Comfort Dentistry is here to serve you. It offers customized services according to your preference and condition. Book your appointment today to mark the end of your suffering.