Almost no one likes visiting the dentist. Regular dental exams, like your annual physical or vision test, are essential to preventative healthcare. Jasper Dental Exam helps keep your teeth and gums clean by detecting any oral health concerns before they become more serious. The American Dental Association (ADA) suggests visiting your dentist every six months for a dental exam and cleaning. For the most part, this dental schedule works effectively. However, the ADA believes that your dentist should adapt the frequency of your dental appointments to your present oral health status and medical history.
Benefits of a regular dental examination
- Early detection of problems: Having your teeth evaluated by a dentist detects possible problems with your oral health early on, allowing you to take preventative measures to avoid serious health problems and costly (and time-consuming) procedures.
- Stay on top of issues: Regular dental checkups are especially crucial if you have pre-existing oral health concerns that need to be managed. These meetings are a chance for you to obtain an update on those issues and establish how you are going toward your treatment objectives and what measures you need to take next.
- Receive oral health advice: The information you receive from your dentist might assist you in maintaining excellent oral health. They can advise you on the best toothbrushes and floss to use, brushing routines, and treatments that may be useful to your long-term oral health.
- Improve general health: Maintaining good dental health is essential to your overall health. Maintaining good dental health protects your body and allows you to prevent another source of sickness or condition.
- Keep your records up to date: Your dental healthcare record is updated with each visit to the dentist. This implies a more full picture of your dental health, which can help with problem identification. Keeping detailed records of your dental health is particularly useful in the case of a medical emergency or if you need to transfer dentists for any reason.
What happens during a dental exam
The dental specialist or dental hygienist will evaluate your medical history at each dental visit to determine if any modifications need to be addressed. It is critical to inform the doctor if you are taking any new drugs or have been diagnosed with any medical issues since your last dental appointment. After discussing any medical changes, the dentist will undertake a visual inspection of your mouth, including your teeth and surrounding soft tissue. They will use equipment called an explorer to examine each tooth. This tool assists the dentist in detecting any areas of concern on each tooth. The dentist also examines the teeth for decay and discoloration, the regions surrounding the gum line (to check for gum recession), and the margins around any existing fillings or crowns.
A comprehensive dental exam conducted by your dentist is part of your routine dental care, along with having your teeth cleaned by a hygienist. It is essential to have your teeth examined by your dentist regularly (at least every year or whatever is suggested based on the health of your mouth).
The benefits of receiving a dental exam significantly exceed the small expense. Visit a skilled dentist now to avoid dangering your oral or general health. Call Advanced Dental Care of East Texas to schedule your meeting to learn more about the dental exam procedure.
Leave a Reply