Did you know that about 1 in every 4 women in the United States have a disability? It’s like women to nurture and be responsible for other people. You find out that most women live engaging lives that they forget to take care of themselves. Eating healthy diets, getting enough sleep, and regular exercise can be a good start to help women improve their lives. Dr. Nicole DeQuattro Silver Spring offers comprehensive care for women to help promote their life qualities. Here are some of the available women’s health services available at Capital Women’s Care.
It deals with providing comprehensive care for women of all ages, including treatments of reproductive health issues to restore and enhance their wellness.
Gynecology care at Capital Women’s Care includes the following services;
- Birth control consultations
- Education and screening for sexually transmitted diseases
- Endometrial ablation for heavy menstrual bleeding
- Fibroid removal
- Breast, cervical, and colon cancer screening
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment
- Laparoscopic hysterectomies and other sterilization procedures
- Medical evaluations for infertility
Gynecology also aims to the prevention of reproductive issues.
Usually, you should have your gynecology appointment every year or as advised by your provider.
Another role of womanhood is reproduction, where they conceive, carry the pregnancy, and give birth to their young ones. Obstetrics ensures a woman’s health from conception to delivery and beyond. It provides the necessary care to prevent complications during pregnancy and ensure safe delivery.
Obstetrics services include the following;
- 3D and 4D ultrasounds
- Specialists consultation for high-risk pregnancies
- Specialized surgical procedures
- Infertility evaluations
- Individualized medical attention
- Blood draws
During your obstetric appointment, you can expect the following.
- Check your baby’s heartbeat
- Check your heart rate and blood pressure
- Urine testing to evaluate your kidney function
- Lab work to assess your health and that of your baby
- Sonograms for you and your baby
You cannot mention women’s health and fail to talk about endometriosis. It affects many women causing pelvic pain and heavy menstrual bleeding. Endometriosis affects a woman’s peace of mind and daily routine.
It occurs due to the abnormal growth of the endometrium. Endometriosis affects the following reproductive organs.
- Space behind the uterus
- ovaries and fallopian tubes
- The surface outside the uterus
Endometriosis can affect any woman receiving their menstrual periods but is most common in women aged 30 to 40.
Having a family history of endometriosis increases your risk for the disease.
The following symptoms indicate endometriosis.
- Pain during or after sex
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting in between periods
- Difficulty getting pregnant
- Severe menstrual cramps
- Painful urination and bowel movements
Menopause occurs after the end of the menstrual period. It occurs due to a decline in your sex hormones. Usually, it does not go so well with your body due to the imbalance of the hormones.
As a result, menopause causes the following symptoms that are likely to affect your daily living.
- Hot flashes
- Mood swings
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Sleep problems
- Weight gain
- Thinning hair
Dr. DeQuattro, an OB/GYN specialist, provides solutions for health issues affecting women to enhance their wellbeing. Call Capital Women’s Care today to schedule your appointment.