Water heaters have long become a common modification of climate technology that provides comfort both in an apartment and in a private house. But there are situations when such installations fail, while in some cases they are minimal, so you need to know how to repair the boiler yourself to quickly and efficiently eliminate the breakdown. In addition, the design of the units, despite the large model range of modifications, is practically the same. This greatly simplifies the solution of the problem.
The first and most common breakdown is a leaking water heater. Such a situation refers to those that should be eliminated immediately. What to do when a boiler leak depends on the source. First, you need to establish the cause of such a problem. They can be:
- Admitted technological violations in the installation process, especially when the installation is carried out without the help of specialists. In this case, water drains from under the plastic cover or from under the plugs.
- Lack of maintenance, in particular, tank cleaning, which leads to failure of the heating element (Tena). Due to poor water quality, scale is deposited on this part. This is the reason why the boiler discharges water.
- Education of corrosion processes. Even with high-quality protection, it will not be possible to avoid this, and it is not always possible to control stray currents that increase the resistance of elements to such phenomena.
- Improper grounding or missing part, as well as the overpressure relief valve.
As practice shows, the flow begins imperceptibly. The main cause is usually corrosion of the inner surface. What to do if the boiler is leaking? There are two ways out: repair immediately or buy a new boiler.
It is more reliable to eliminate such a problem by calling a wizard. But first, you should disconnect the device from the network before draining the water from the boiler. In the latter case, a special hose will be needed to perform the work. The liquid must be drained when water heaters with Ten or magnesium anode require the replacement of these elements.
How to pour water from the boiler correctly is indicated in the instructions, so you need to study all the subtleties and nuances, because each brand or model is different.
Leaks are most often caused by corrosion or holes in the heater tank. Many are interested in how to fix a leaking boiler, trying to fix the situation on their own, but it should be noted that you absolutely cannot do such work yourself. Otherwise, it leads to the rupture of the tank and harm to health.
When water drips from the safety valve during heating, this should not be considered a problem. A similar picture is associated with the expansion of the liquid and the creation of excess pressure. But if it leaks too much – 1.5 liters per day, or the valve is too dry, then the element has become unusable and requires replacement.
How to repair a boiler tank:
- turn off the power supply, there will be no problems with this;
- drain the liquid;
- disassemble the device;
- disconnect the fasteners that connect to the thermostat;
- unscrew the bolts (there are usually six of them);
- remove the heating element, while still pouring out a certain amount of liquid remaining in the tank;
- clean the components.
Assembly of the installation is carried out in reverse order, checking whether the problem has been solved. Do not forget that you must first fill the container with water and only then connect the unit to the network, performing the start-up. When the problem is more serious, the tank must be replaced.
Network problems in the operation of units
Network problems also arise during the operation of sacramento water heaters. Most often, the installation simply does not turn on or is electrocuted. Such situations are not uncommon, as technology is a complex and unpredictable thing. Why the boiler does not turn on can be determined only after disassembling the unit, but still, first you need to check the presence of power and the serviceability of the plug with the outlet. The main reasons are:
- Lack of food. The problem is damage to the network wire used to connect the device to the shield. To make sure it is working, you need to ring the ends with a tester or an indicator screwdriver. Also, damage to the cable explains the situation why the boiler is electrocuted (the reason also lies in the breakdown of the Tena or the burnout of electronic or sensor boards). In addition, you need to check the fuse and RCD, and the reliability of the wire connection.
- Failure of the heating element. TEN often burns out or suffers from a huge amount of deposits.
- Malfunctions of the pressure sensor. Many models are equipped with a rubber membrane. As the pressure increases, the part stretches, affecting the microswitch, losing its elasticity and strength over time. When replacing, you need to choose a silicone model.
- Low pressure in the water supply. The optimal indicator is prescribed in the instructions for each modification. The optimal solution would also be to install the unit lower, as close as possible to the pipe.
- Breakdown of the temperature sensor. If all of the above works without failures, then the reason lies in this component.
- Burnout of contacts. It is easy to avoid such a malfunction if you periodically tighten the collapsible plugs. They can burn out and break down over time.